Due to the high demand of our customers Luxilon offers now also a range of custom made bio-degradable yarns.
Bio-degradable yarns can be sourced in different ways:
- Bio-sourced materials like PLLA: derived from natural source like sougar kane
- From non-renewable sources like PCL: derived from petrol but biodegradable
- Co-polymerisation of bio-sourced and non-renewable origin: PCLA, a co-polymer of lactide and caprolactone.
Why would you chose bio-degradable materials?
- If no long life time of your device is needed
- Lower risk or rejection of the body
- Avoiding multiple surgical operations
- Stimulation of cell growth
Luxilon can produce your monofilaments in PLLA, PCL or co-polymers of these materials. In Multifilament we offer PLLA. Other bio-materials available on request.